RE: The 'any' attribute type

Yes, I have a problem.

The advantage of the use of 1.1 is that it isn't a valid OID. It
therefore requires no special processing as it will never be found in
the directory. Maybe you could try something like unix wildcard matching
where *;ja will match <anything>;ja.

The problem with 1.1.1 is it can only be used once. You really need a
taxonomy:

iso(1)
    invalid-attr(1)
    kludge(2)
        a-silly-idea(1)
        another-silly-idea(2)
            being-silly-this-way(1)
            being-silly-that-way(2)
        placeholder(3)
    kludge(3)

(You can't use 1.1.1 having already terminated at 1.1.)

(Got DAP?)