The 'any' attribute type

Last year, Bruce Greenblatt brought up the notion of using a nomenclature like "*;lang-ja" in order to specify that 'all' attributes which are stored using the Japanese lang tag be returned from a search operation. There was a problem with that, since the * is a special character which represents an attribute description string (not just an attribute type).

We're at a point where we need to define a new attribute type option, and it would be really nice if this functionality existed. Currently, the special (retired) oid 1.1 is used to specify 'no' attributes should be returned. Does anyone see a problem with introducing a new special oid (maybe 1.1.1) which represents 'all' attributes should be returned?

Bruce's example would look like: 1.1.1;lang-ja

Jim