Re: correct modifiersName and modifyTimeStamp behavior?

Mark Smith wrote:

> Mark Wahl wrote:
> >
> > Given that it is not clear in  X.500 I would recommend that we
> >  1) submit a 'defect report' on X.501 to clarify exactly what operations
> >     cause user-visible operational attributes to be updated, then
> >  2) copy this clarification into the following update to 2251.
> >
> > Would you like to submit the defect report to the X.500 committee?
>
> Great suggestion.  Since I've never submitted an X.500 defect report,
> I'll need to do some research into the process.  But I'll work on this
> fairly soon and share the text with the LDAPEXT list before I submit it.

An update for the group:  I submitted the defect report today.  Since
the "Nature of Defect" portion of my report ended up being nearly
identical to what I posted on this mailing list a week ago, I didn't see
any need to present the text to this list prior to submission.  The
message I sent is attached, along with a plain text version of the
defect report (the original message contains Microsoft Word and HTML
versions; MSWord is the requested format).  I suppose in time I will
receive a response, although that does not seem to be guaranteed by the
defect process itself.

--
Mark Smith
iPlanet Directory Architect / Sun-Netscape Alliance

--- End Message ---