RE: Returning single values from multivalued attributes

At 10:42 11.08.99 -0400, Miklos, Sue A. wrote:

Bruce, with enough time and money, we could solve any problem...

however, I am constrained by crypto service providers that may take up to 1+ second to go through each variant of a certificate recieved, in addition to any other non-security-related processing that has to occur. This leads to unacceptably slow performance. Any streamlining at any point in the process is a good thing.

if you have eval times of 1+ seconds on a cert, this probably means that the service provider is doing real crypto - verifying signatures.

You don't need real crypto to do the kind of rejection of values that the MatchedValues control would provide - you only need to look at the cert.

Certs aren't encrypted.

                          Harald A

--
Harald Tveit Alvestrand, Maxware, Norway
Harald.Alvestrand@maxware.no