Re: Valid characters for Attribute Type

> Is there a reason for this?  I can imagine that the semicolon is allowed (in 2252) in the schema so that people can build attributes with names like "foo;binary" or "bar;lang-en", but I doubt that's the reason.

Yes, that is the reason.  They separate the type from the options list and
one option from another.

To save time and space I didn't create the BNF for every schema element, I just
used qdescrs for all the different kinds of names.  Since RFC 2251 is also
required it is not a problem: as in most specifications, the BNF expresses more
possibilities than it is legal to send.

Mark Wahl, Directory Product Architect
Innosoft International, Inc.