Re: Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-rharrison-bulkldif-00.txt

Have you examined the work of the FIND group, in which the CIP (v2)
protocol has recently been moved to proposed standard?  I think that there
is a certain similiarity between what you are trying to do and CIP and the
Tagged Index Object specification.

Bruce

At 12:37 PM 7/6/99 -0600, Roger Harrison wrote:
>Jim Sermersheim and I have published a draft describing an LDAP v3
extension to efficiently deliver and import LDIF data into an LDAP server.

>Our goal in writing this draft was to define a mechanism that allows large
numbers of LDAP operations to be specified by a remote client without the
overhead of responses for each operation.  To do this, we've combined the
LDIF data format with a wire protocol that allows a client to initiate and
send LDIF data to the server and get periodic updates on the server's
progress in processing the data.

>We'd like to get input and feedback from the LDAP community both from a
design standpoint and to see if this is something that should be added to
the charter of the ldap-ext working group.

>If it's possible, we'd also like to get 5 minutes of time on the agenda to
discuss this idea in the ldap-ext meeting in Oslo.