Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-rharrison-bulkldif-00.txt

Jim Sermersheim and I have published a draft describing an LDAP v3 extension to efficiently deliver and import LDIF data into an LDAP server.

Our goal in writing this draft was to define a mechanism that allows large numbers of LDAP operations to be specified by a remote client without the overhead of responses for each operation.  To do this, we've combined the LDIF data format with a wire protocol that allows a client to initiate and send LDIF data to the server and get periodic updates on the server's progress in processing the data.

We'd like to get input and feedback from the LDAP community both from a design standpoint and to see if this is something that should be added to the charter of the ldap-ext working group.

If it's possible, we'd also like to get 5 minutes of time on the agenda to discuss this idea in the ldap-ext meeting in Oslo.

Thanks,

Roger
--- Begin Message ---

--- End Message ---