Re: RFC2256: userPassword

Novell Directory Service has this extremely useful operation "Verify
Password" that is available through its API set.  This allows third party
applications to authenticate users to its service in a way that is
integrated with the directory without acutally have to log in to the
directory on their behalf.  So, the application knows the user's password
for an instant...  Is this type of operation generally useful???

Bruce