Re: RFC2256: userPassword

                 RE>>RFC2256: userPassword
> They aren't. It's a philisophical position that they can be read,
> somehow. This is why we use one-way hashes for passwords rather than
> storing cleartext.

Thanks. I certainly am aware that hashes are the way to go. This
conversation got me to look around for MD5 code again (for Macintosh) for
my LDAP server, and I was startled to find it right in the IP class
library I'm already using. So my little Mac OS LDAP server will be a
little bit better.

Best regards,

Paul Collins

** One Click Systems   http://www.oneclick.com/   info@oneclick.com **
** ClickMail Central Directory - master address book - LDAP server  **
** Chat with us--Wednesdays 10AM Pacific/1PM EST (www.oneclick.com) **