Re: Update RFCs 2252 and 2256

Hi Mark!

Comments in line.

Thanks!

v/r
Kathy

Mark Wahl wrote:

> > It is my belief that these should be moved from this draft to updates for
> > RFCs 2252 and 2256.
>
> RFC 2256 contains the schema definitions that at the time were only available
> in ITU-T documents.   The 'pkiUser' and 'pkiCA' in the LDAPv2 schema will
> I presume be picked up in the next revision of X.520/X.521, and so the next
> update to 2256 after that will track it.  (Until then 2587 contains the
> definitions).

Thanks, I meant to say RFC 2587.  Both pkiUser and pkiKCA have already
been accepted
by the X.500 group.  Do you have a "holding place" for 2256 updates?

> I did not carry forward the pilot schema from 1274 into 2256, as I wanted to
> have a document with a clear plan for maintenance: updates come from X.520.
> The pilot schema is evolving separately in several individual submission I-Ds,
> which hopefully will become standards-track documents at some point.  The
> inetOrgPerson document contains definitions for 'roomNumber' and 'mail'.  The
> 'host' attribute is currently homeless, most applications are looking for
> a definition with more type information (the value of this attribute is
> a domain name / a component of a domain name / a netbios name etc).

OK, the objects from 1274 can wait for standards-track proposals.

> There is plans for a document on the 'advanced' subschema capabilities from
> X.501, beyond attribute type and object class listing already described in
> 2252.  This would describe the content rules, name forms and structure rules
> and contain the definitions from X.520/X.521.  I am keeping this separate from
> RFC 2252 and 2256 revisions as they are on separate publication timelines.

Certainly, the 'advanced' subschema objects can go in a new document,
but, where do
the caseIgnoreListSubstringsMatch and booleanMatch matching rules and
the
GraphicString attribute syntax belong?