Re: Update RFCs 2252 and 2256

> It is my belief that these should be moved from this draft to updates for
> RFCs 2252 and 2256.

RFC 2256 contains the schema definitions that at the time were only available
in ITU-T documents.   The 'pkiUser' and 'pkiCA' in the LDAPv2 schema will
I presume be picked up in the next revision of X.520/X.521, and so the next
update to 2256 after that will track it.  (Until then 2587 contains the
definitions).

I did not carry forward the pilot schema from 1274 into 2256, as I wanted to
have a document with a clear plan for maintenance: updates come from X.520.
The pilot schema is evolving separately in several individual submission I-Ds,
which hopefully will become standards-track documents at some point.  The
inetOrgPerson document contains definitions for 'roomNumber' and 'mail'.  The
'host' attribute is currently homeless, most applications are looking for
a definition with more type information (the value of this attribute is
a domain name / a component of a domain name / a netbios name etc).

There is plans for a document on the 'advanced' subschema capabilities from
X.501, beyond attribute type and object class listing already described in
2252.  This would describe the content rules, name forms and structure rules
and contain the definitions from X.520/X.521.  I am keeping this separate from
RFC 2252 and 2256 revisions as they are on separate publication timelines.

Mark Wahl, Directory Product Architect
Innosoft International, Inc.