Re: Constraint Violations

Shiv,

A constraint violation would typically happen if you try and add an
attribute that either uses the wrong syntax or where the maximum length has
been exceeded.  A very typical example is the postalAddress attribute which
is constrained to a maximum of six lines of 30 characters.  Many of the
database loads I have done seem to stumble here because one or more of the
address components are longer.

I do not have an exhaustive list of situations that may cause problems, but
perhaps this will point you in the right direction.

Cheers,                  ....Erik.

Erik Skovgaard
GeoTrain Corp.
Enterprise Directory Engineering