Re: LDAP C API draft v3: Small suggestion

It is just for LDAP implementers convienence so extension options can be defined such as

#define LDAP_OPT_MY_EXTENSION        (LDAP_OPT_PRIVATE_EXTENSION_BASE + 1)

Perhaps this is not within the scope of the draft or I could be getting a bit anal. :)

JR

Mark Smith wrote:

JR Heisey wrote:

> How about defining
>
> #define LDAP_OPT_EXT_BASE           0x4000 /* to 0x7fff inclusive */
>
> in section 10.2, the last paragraph on page 20.

Okay with me, but how do you envision applications using this?  Perhaps
to  compare a given option to see if it is a private or experimental
extension vs. a standard one?  I am not sure how much value that has in
practice.

Also, I'd prefer a less cryptic name for the macro.  Perhaps
LDAP_OPT_PRIVATE_EXTENSION_BASE or similar.

--
Mark Smith
Netscape Communications Corp. / Directory Server Engineering

--
-
J. R. Heisey