Re: Netscape Schema publishing violates standards !

Hmm, since we apparently copied Netscape's behavior in the first place, I'll perpetuate our behavior by now repeating what Mark just said.  We too have already fixed the SUP 'top' problem, and we'll remove the quotes from the SYNTAX field for NDSv8 Service Pack 1.  Thanks again Shiv.

Jim

>>> Mark C Smith <mcs@netscape.com> 5/25/99 8:49:16 AM >>>
These bugs should be fixed in the next release of Directory Server
(4.1), although we will also provide a backwards compatibility mode to
support users who are used to the non-standard behavior of versions 3.0
through 4.0.  We had already noticed and fixed the second problem you
pointed out and I just coded up a fix for the first one.  Thanks for
pointing this out.  Our mistake.

--
Mark Smith
Directory Architect / Netscape Communications Corp.