Re: Comments on draft-ryan-java-schema-02

Manish Gupta wrote:

> It seems to me that with the schema for the javaSerializedObject defined as
>
> ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.42.2.27.4.2.5
>          NAME 'javaSerializedObject'
>          DESC 'Java serialized object'
>          SUP javaObject
>          AUXILIARY
>          MUST ( javaSerializedData )
>        )
>
> multiple, serialized objects corresponding to teh same Java class need to
> be stored in different containers (since their javaClassName will be the
> same). If that is correct that seems like a strong restriction to me. Am I
> missing something here?
>
> Manish Gupta

In this schema each Java object is stored in its own LDAP entry.
The javaSerializedData attribute is single-valued. If several
Java objects were stored in a single LDAP entry then an additional
mechanism would be required to resolve the ambiguity and extract
the intended object from a set of objects.

It's simpler, and more flexible, to maintain a one-to-one corresponence.