RE: Comments on draft-ryan-java-schema-02

I agree with Jeffrey's requirement and to not include this requirement cuts
off a whole avenue of interesting possiblities.

In the case of distributed directories, it is very useful to use LDAP to
retrieve JAR files from the nearest directory, or allow that directory to
retrieve content from other trusted directories to which it may be
interconnected.

I think the statement "The general model for a directory is to store
(reference) information about entities rather than storing the entities
themselves" is not a supportable assumption.

There is certainly work going on the in the network management field, where
LDAP, DAP, DSP protocols are being used to route management queries, and
data around complex networks.

Andew Probert
Rotek Consulting   http://www.rotek.com.au
a Division of Secure Network Solutions