Re: Families of Entries

> great. So what are we going to do about it? the main benefit I can
> see from using .txt format is that you send 2k of bits instead of a
> mega 20k using Word, to say essentially the same thing. (see the
> current attachments)  So I dont advocate moving to Word, as
> downloading my email by modem will then take ten times as long.
> But .txt without headers and footers would certainly be a big step
> forward, at least for IDs

One thing *not* to do is to repeat on this list the RFC-format debate held
every year or so on the main IETF list, most recently three weeks ago
(well over a hundred messages).  I refer you there for all possible (and
many impossible) arguments on all sides:  text, PDF, Word, HTML, XML,
VRML, you name it.

I observe that many I-Ds have no breaks/headers/footers, so I guess the
I-D czars don't require them.  So:  submit the I-D without them if you
want to.  I suspect no one will complain.

 - RL "Bob"