Re: Families of Entries

Date sent:      	Mon, 21 Dec 1998 13:14:59 -0800
From:           	merrells@netscape.com (John Merrells)
To:             	d.w.chadwick@iti.salford.ac.uk
Copies to:      	ietf-ldapext@netscape.com
Subject:        	Re: Families of Entries

> David Chadwick wrote:
> >
> >  (Unfortunately, I have not found a way of automatically inserting
> > page breaks, headers and footers into the document after I created
> > the original in Word. Does anyone know how to do this please?)
>
> Install a 'Generic / Text Only' printer on your system, then use the
> print to file option.

A couple of people have suggested this. Thanks. Unfortunately it
does not seem to work with my Word 97. The Families doc came
out at over 600k of mostly garbage. Its not the printer as the test
page worked fine. It seems to be the rubbish that Microsoft are
sending to the printer - it certainly isnt Text Only :-)

Back to the drawing board

David

>You'll then have to edit a little by hand to
> remove some dodgy symbols and to fix the left hand margin.  This is
> how we've been doing the ldup architecture draft. (Kudos to Mr. Reed
> who devised this...)
>
> John

David Chadwick
IT Institute, University of Salford, Salford M5 4WT
Tel +44 161 295 5351  Fax +44 161 745 8169
Mobile +44 370 957 287
Email D.W.Chadwick@iti.salford.ac.uk
Home Page  http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/chadwick.htm
Understanding X.500  http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/X500.htm
X.500/LDAP Seminars http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/seminars.htm
Entrust key validation string A7OX-K3QT-JPTU