Re: userid UID

Vesna Hassler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Erik, thanks a lot for your help.
>
> I have some more problems with OIDs...
>
> Does somebody know the OID of the userid (UID) attribute
> from rfc2253 (UTF-8 String Representation of Distinguished Names)?
>
> The authors say it should be an X.500 attribute. However
> I could only find it in rfc1274 (The COSINE and Internet X.500 Schema)
> as a pilot attribute. In X.500 I found the uniqueIdentifier, but
> it should be something different?

I am pretty sure the uid attribute you want is the one from RFC 1274.
It is called userid in 1274, but the prevalent LDAP name is uid and its
OID is 0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.1  X.500's uniqueIdentifer attribute is
called x500uniqueidentifier for LDAP purposes.  This is all a bit
confusing....

Note that the updated inetOrgPerson draft I just published includes an
appendix that describes many common LDAP attributes using the LDAPv3
notation.  You can get the draft here:

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-smith-ldap-inetorgperson-01.txt

Note that this draft is not a work item of the LDAP EXT group but I do
welcome input from the community.  After sufficient review, I plan to
request that the inetOrgPerson draft be published as an Informational
RFC.

--
Mark Smith
Directory Architect / Netscape Communications Corp.