Re: Status of LDIF and Changelog?

Gordon Good wrote:

> - The changelog draft, in my opinion, should become an informational RFC. The
> LDUP group is not planning to use LDAP-accessible changelogs in its
> multi-master replication work.
>
> How does this sound?  Are there any serious objections to these plans?

 I would prefer that changelog draft is moved forward as a proposed
 standard.  It provides a simple consumer-initiated replication mechanism
 at least till the time we have real LDAP replication standards. I think, today
 there is a need to replicate accross multi-vendor directory servers and
 without such a standard in place, it is not possible to achieve that.

 sanjay