LDAP query

Hi,

 I have a quick LDAP related question.

 In the Policy WG we have a schema where certain objects are referenced from other
objects. The question relates to the deleting of objects, without leaving dangling
references in the directory. The solutions we are considering are (a) have a
ReferenceCount attribute or (b) have a ReferringDNList attribute, to keep track of the
pointers to each object. Is there any way of getting around the concurrent write problem?
That is, is there a way to "test and delete" as an atomic operation? Thanks,

Regards,

Raju Rajan