Re: ldap_remove() in ldapext-ldap-c-api-01

I assume you mean ldap_rename, not ldap_remove?   Removing an entry
doesn't take a newdn or deleteoldrdn, but renaming an entry does.

ldap_modrdn() and ldap_modrdn_s() in RFC 1823 appear to be very
similar to what you describe.  Unfortunately, U-M LDAP 3.3 and
RFC 1823 are in conflict: U-M LDAP did not have the
deleteoldrdn parameter to ldap_modrdn or ldap_modrdn_s.  Because
the majority of v2 clients using that implementation coded to the header
and not to the RFC, we deprecated this API and created a new API that
would not have this confusion.

Mark Wahl, Directory Product Architect
Innosoft International, Inc.