RE: Nick names search extension

Oded,

Some form of special matching algorithm could, of course, be made.  In
fact, I remember seeing one where common name abbreviations (Bob for
Robert, etc..), however, this would only work within the English language
context.

I still do not see how my suggestion would work in any different way from
what you are proposing.  Will DN would still be 'cn=Will, .....', but you
you could also search on other values of the attribute if you wanted to
find cn=Bill.  The two searches have slightly different syntax.  In the
first case, the DN is fully qualified, in the second case, it is not.

Cheers,                 ....Erik.

Erik Skovgaard
GeoTrain Corp.
LDAP & X.500 Training and Consulting