RE: Abstract object class

I agree with the problem statement. I don't agree with the proposed
solution.

There is something fundamentally conceptually wrong with the picture that
two objects with objClass=foo have different schema. What is the objClass
good for if it doesn't identify the schema?

There are a couple of ways to approach the problem that I think are better
than having (potentially) different schema at each NC for the same class.

1. Make the class be a DN. Then the engineering department and the sales
department can create enmtries with
objClass="CN=foo,OU=Eng,DC=SomeCorp,DC=com" and
objClass="CN=foo,OU=Sales,DC=SomeCorp,DC=com" and they won't conflict.

2. Make schema immutable, but subclassing and auxiliary classing more
flexible. Then the sales and engineering departments can have their own
classes, while the fact that there is a class in common won't get lost.

Paul