Re: VLV indices and multi-value attributes

David Boreham wrote:

>It's been suggested that perhaps the thing to do is
>to extend the sort control to allow the client to specify
>which behavior they require.

We're hearing similar requests.  If the SSS request control looked like this, we could have it both ways:

     SortKeyList ::= SEQUENCE OF SEQUENCE {
                attributeType   AttributeDescription,
                orderingRule    [0] MatchingRuleId OPTIONAL,
                reverseOrder    [1] BOOLEAN DEFAULT FALSE
                allValues          [2] BOOLEAN DEFAULT FALSE }

where allValues specifies whether or not all attribute values are used (which would result in possible duplicates).

Jim