Some questions regarding LDAP schema registration

  Could somebody please answer some of my questions
  regarding LDAP schema registration process ?

  1. Is there now a process to register an LDAP schema ?
      I remember some work was started sometime last year.

  2. How can I find out which LDAP schemas people have
      defined so far ?

  3. Is there a process to avoid conflicts in attribute names
      and object class names in the LDAP schemas defined
      by various people ?  If not, then how do 2 LDAP directory
      applications which define a same attribute name (or object class)
      with different semantics work with a single LDAP directory ?

  thanks
  sanjay