Re: draft minutes from Chicago meeting

Phil,

Sorry, I got distracted and did not answer the rest of your message.

I agree that we have a problem here.  So I am still trying to force a
position on the type of environment we intend to address.  If we, as Tim
suggested, are going to address both the large, distributed, multi-vendor
environment and the single server environment (or the single-vendor
environment which is almost the same), then we can't really ignore one in
favour of the other, can we?

One approach would be to have two classes of servers and clients.  One for
small domains where CRAM-MD5 will work and one for large domains (read:
multi-vendor) where we will have to use a PKI approach.

Since we can't make both camps happy if we only provide one solution, the
above would seem to me to be the way out of the stalemate.

Cheers,                ....Erik.

Erik Skovgaard
GeoTrain Corp.
Enterprise Directories - Consulting and Training
http://www.geotrain.com