Re: Rehash and once again, a proposal to move on

Steve,

LDAP v3 *does* support CRAM-MD5 since it refers to RFC 2222 which in tern
refers to some IANA file - which includes CRAM-MD5.

What we are discussing - unless I am wrong - is what we make mandatory and
presumably what vendors will implement.  Of course everyone on the list
should realize that whatever we make mandatory is the *only* method(s) that
will be implemented universially.

I fully agree that we *do* need strong authentication.  I am only asking
that we identify the target environments.

Cheers,                 ....Erik.

Erik Skovgaard
GeoTrain Corp.
LDAP/X.500 Training and Consulting