Rehash and once again, a proposal to move on

John,

An observation is that I see a lot of divergent views on
the list.  I think that none of the options which I see on
the table would meet an IETF "rough consensus" as there is
so much divergence.  Whatever was said at the meeting,  I
do not think it makes sense to state a conclusion/direction
(yet).

I think that it might be useful to try to break down all of
the options into a series of questions (with as little
dependency between all of the questions as possible).
Then conduct a "straw poll".  This is not to make a
decision, but to try to find out where there is agreement.

Example:

 - Should LDAP support CRAM-MD5?
 - Should CRAM-MD5 be mandatory?

(probably need to allow more than just yes/no answers)

Some care should be take to work out the questions

Steve