Re: draft minutes from Chicago meeting

Tim,

OTOH, just creating an RFC to satisfy the IESG is not really serving the
general good.  This issue is real.  I vote for taking a practical view and
it sounds to me as if we have two factions here:

1. Those implementing small and medium sized directories.  They are happy
with CRAM-MD5.

2. Those implementing large enterprise directories that may even have to
interoperate with other organizations' directories.  CRAM-MD5 will not work
for this category of people.

So I think the *real* question to ask is whether this group intends to
address both categories of users or only one of them?

I currently work mostly with people belonging to the second category and so
my view is biased, so I won't mention my preference :-)

The question still remains to be answered, however.

Cheers,                 ....Erik.
Erik Skovgaard
GeoTrain Corp.
LDAP/X.500 Consulting and Training.