Re: LDAPv2 with draft-ietf-ldapext-ldap-c-api-01

Hi David,

>Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
>
>> Anyway, general and safe translation between T.61 (in LDAPv2) and
>> UTF-8
>> is impossible because the client may not know the attribute types of
>> all
>> the attributes, and binary attributes should not be translated.
>
>Did anyone actually use T.61 ?

  we had to use something more than IA5 (with LDAP V2) because we are in Germany.
There was the choice of using either latin1 (ISO8859-1) or T.61; the LDAP V2 servers I'm aware of supported at least one of these character sets. We usually used latin1.

Bye,
        Jochen.