authmeth-02 && (Digest | CRAM-MD5)?

[apologies for cross-post. which single list are we going to discuss (Digest |
CRAM-MD5) on? Seems ietf-sasl@imc.org is probably the appropriate one.]

Ok, so my understanding is that the Apps-area mandatory-to-impl
simple-vs-complex auth mechanism lunch occured during the Chicago IETF on Tue
25-Aug-1998.

My understanding from RLBob Morgan and Paul Hoffman is that at the (lunch)
meeting, the discussion centered around CRAM vs Digest. The upshot was that
Paul Leach and Chris Newman are to go off and tweak the Digest spec such that
Chris' specific concerns are addressed (i.e. there was general consensus that
Digest is better in specific areas and that we oughta utilize it rather than
something we know has those problems and then have to change it in the
near-to-intermediate term).

So, it seems we should be hearing from Paul & Chris about this, presummably on
one or both of these lists (ietf-sasl@imc.org?).

Are there any first-hand accounts of the meeting someone who was actually
there would like to publish (i.e. minutes?)?

thanks,

Jeff