RE: Authentication Methods for LDAP - last call

No, I meant that it doesn't even come close to solving the problem. Sure, it
makes it somewhat better. But it distracts from the real problem. See below.

> But it does help. In fact, it helps quite a lot.
>
> > Complete, up-to-date, knowledge in a distributed system is
> impossible.
>
> This is a true statement. But you seem to imply that
> the logical consequence of this is that complete, utter,
> unmitigated chaos must reign. That's not true, except
> perhaps in some computer science sense that is less than
> interesting to anybody using the technology.

The implication I intended is that realistic designs have to take this truth
into account.

In the case at hand, a realistic approach must _never_ need to munge all the
ACLs in the world, period. In such a case, reducing the number of ACLs by a
factor of 10, 100, or even 1000 or more is not needed (not on this account
anyway).

Paul