RE: RE: Authentication Methods for LDAP - last call

> However, if we all agree we're going to dump CRAM-MD5, then why can't
LDAP
> go forward with TLS or Kerberos as the mandatory-to-implement?

Because TLS has unpleasant export licensing restrictions (I imagine, it
is cryptotechnology after all) and kerberos requires a hell of a lot of
infrastructure to get it working.  CRAM-MD5, while relatively insecure,
is a least very easy to implement.  And, as Chris points out, ACAP used
it for MTI.

jch