RE: Authentication Methods for LDAP - last call (mandatory CRAM-M D5)

Right. I think public key crypto is the accepted way of solving this problem. So
you should use TLS, Kerberos pkinit, X509 or some other public key mechanism
when going outside the local administrative unit. Within the local
administrative unit, secret key Kerberos works for most cases. (As you probably
know, Kerberos does not replicate secrets to every server in the domain).

Jonathan

"'Jeff.Hodges@stanford.edu '" <Jeff.Hodges@stanford.edu>
<howes@netscape.com>, "'S.Kille@isode.com '" <S.Kille@isode.com>,
"'M.Wahl@INNOSOFT.COM '" <M.Wahl@INNOSOFT.COM>, "'johns@cisco.com '"