RE: LDAP Access Control

All, I believe that there are useful pieces of the X.500 model that can
be extracted to serve the majority of the user communities.

I need (LDAP) clients that can convey 'basic' (not to be confused with
the context of X.501) information so that a server can determine what
decisions to make.  These information objects should be as consistent as
possible, so that I can reuse processes at both the client and server to
the maximum extent.  I cannot afford to have infrastructure components
that must understand and en/decode multiple permutations of the same
information.

While I cannot volunteer to write the entire draft, I will volunteer to
review / comment on anything that will help the deployment of a
certificate repository system that meets the majority needs.

Sandi Miklos
(the opinions expressed are not necessarily that of my employer!)