RE: Names of Object Identifiers

I think these issues will come to the fore when massive referral mode
LDAP only systems get deployed
-  where company x uses a private string identifier in the protocol
called eg. "companyperson" with a syntax of x,y,z and company a uses
"companyperson" with a syntax of a,b,c - and company a accesses x'
server and company x accesses a's server for what they think is the same
information.

Boom! a commercial collission of LDAP information islands - Oh well -
and which company will go off line for a week or so just to deal with
it!

AS we ALL know... OIDs used in the protocol (as per DAP)  that are
correctly registered stop this situation this. ie they enable directory
system and information scaling without commercial show stoppers.

just thoughts and regards alan