RE: Naming of ACLs, Replication etc

Steve,

I think that you're reading more into the charter than is there. It
definitely doesn't say that LDAP is THE Internet Directory
Service.  I'd think that this claim to fame is still undecided, and that
there are contenders other than LDAP and X.500.  While
I'm sure that the charter isn't perfect, I think that it comes pretty close
to saying what tasks the group has in front of it.  I don't
know that the Charter needs to state what LDAP is intended to be.  All that
this group is doing is attempting to define some
extensions to the LDAP v3 protocol to meet some reasonable well defined
goals.  World domination is definitely NOT one
of the goals of the LDAP Extensions working group.  I'm thinking about
sponsoring a world-dom bof in Chicago though, if anyone wants to join me.

Bruce