RE: Naming of ACLs, Replication etc

Although Alan Lloyd sidestepped the issue of using "Data Access Protocol"
to include ACLs and other sometimes-related stuff, Lloyd is spot on
with his characterization of the market.  Given the requirement to
deliver directory services today, we and others do just as he describes.

	JimC

At 8:13 AM +1000 5/1/98, Alan Lloyd wrote:

>I tend to think the market is now using LDAP as the simple access to
>X.500 core technology - just so we can have distributed information
>directory systems that works.
>
>regards alan

-
James R. Cutler
EDS , 800 Tower Drive, Troy, MI 48098
Phone: +1 248 265 7514   FAX: +1 248 265 7514
EDS Internal Web: <http://www.iscg.eds.com/cutler/>
World Wide Web: <http://www.ltu.edu/midecus/dechtm/cutler/cutler.htm>