Re: draft-ietf-ldapext-ldapv3-txn-00.txt More ..

I have not advocated a transaction model for replicas; I think it's more
useful to base replicas on a "loose consistency" model.

Where I think transactions are needed is between DSAs involved in
operations like tree renames or transfer of tree responsibility,
where a glitch at the wrong time can lead to a permanently inconsistent state.

In that case, I don't think that "both online" is too much to ask.

                      Harald A

--
Harald Tveit Alvestrand, Maxware, Norway
Harald.Alvestrand@maxware.no