RE: About aliases an X.500....More on CIP

	Previously answered things removed

	Re this CIP :-(((

> (CIP advocates will claim that the same thing can be accomplished
> without preconfiguration by noting that the index objects for the
> DSAs shows that only 5 of the 15 DSAs have entries with OU=sales.
> But CIP is not at the moment deployed technology in either X.500 or
> LDAP)

	But its still all done by referrals and its still more protocols
dealing with things that are not  necessary. Named based distributed
systems scale by name and name knowledge as defined in X.500 -  it works
and works well - locally indexed things dont.

	we dont use CIP - and our directory with LDAP servers (non CIPed
ones)  works fast and is distributed. ie. we dont need more protocols to
suppport the protocols that dont do the job of the right protocols.

	Why add more wheels to an aeroplane when the intention is to get
it to fly.

	20 DSAs using DSP with subsecond responses to one instance of a
client interface (no referrals) cant be wrong.

	more regards alan