RE: About aliases an X.500....

Harald,  Naturally if a DSA is not flexible with its structure rules
against one that is then interoperability (or compatability) will be an
issue. Thats not an X.500 problem - thats a a supplier problem. If you
are troubkled with this - buy ours.

In addition because we use an RDB with our table design and everything
indexed the information in the DIB is effectively flat. Alias or
otherwise. Tree shapes dont matter. So sometimes a search on the DIB
with "Chaining Prohibited" (DAP feature - NOT IN LDAP - No distribution)
for "Sales" thingys will work. just as well.

Alias things are good for "views" when browsing. Searching with strong
predicates and controls on chaining and DMD scope are good for Finding.
Regards alan