RE: NSSRs (Re: LAST CALL: draft-ietf-ldapext-referral-00.txt)

Believe it or not - some agreement here.
NSSRs to me seem a bit of a curiosity. As an NSSR knows the protocol
connection knowledge, but not the directory naming context,  I would
think that if directories are to provide deterministic name based
transactions over a distributed environment then NSSRs would or could
prevent that. In addition if one is configuring another DSA, one would
also check its naming context - because one would not want a duplicate
DSA to be configured in. That would be like having two IP Users with the
same IP address.

NSSRs in my view introduce non determinsitic system characteristics and
from an operational perspective - wont be used.

regards alan