Re: comments on draft-ietf-ldapext-authmeth-01.txt

I think requiring the creation of an entry is too large
a burden. But there's no requirement that the DN
you specify in an authentication request actually
corresponds to an entry in the tree. I'm just suggesting
that there may be defined algorithmic mappings from
an external auth id scheme (e.g., principal@realm in
kerberos) to a DN (e.g., krbname=principal@realm).
            -- Tim