Re: LAST CALL: draft-ietf-ldapext-referral-00.txt

There has been some discussion that led to the current
revision. You can refer to the ASID archives and meeting
minutes for details, which I don't have handy.  I'm aware
of two independent implementations of the draft as well,
which is another indication of its maturity level.

The authors of the draft (me included) believe it's ready
to go to last call, and the working group agreed. But let
me be clear: if major problems are raised during the last
call that cannot be satisfactorially addressed, I'm happy to
take the draft back down for some more discussion. That's
what last call is for. David's comments certainly fall into this
category, and we will either agree on how to address them,
or the draft will not pass last call. So keep the comments
coming!                      -- Tim