Re: LAST CALL: draft-ietf-ldapext-referral-00.txt

Dave, Tim,

I've not had a chance to carefully study this document or look at
Dave's comments, which I think should be looked at carefully.  For
those of you who don't know, Dave played a key role in the
specification of X.500 distributed operations, and I think his
experience and insight is important here.

I had not seen this document before the last call went out - this is
probably my not noticing earlier versions, but it strikes me that this
document has not had a lot of WG attention and review.

I tend to think that a last call for this is premature, and that we
should back off and talk about it a bit more.

Steve