RE: ldap-c-api: malloced vs. "ldap alloced" data

Salter, Thomas A writes:
> I think the alternate implementation you give below should be legal.

That one might be.

> It's possible that the api might be able to just give pointers into the
> orginal Ldap result buffer.

Maybe.  Let's see what our chiefs say about (a) if we should
ldap_memfree() the attribute name, (b) if we may modify the return
values (if so they can't be shared with anything else) and (c) if the
returned attribute names may die when their parent LDAPMessage dies.

--
Hallvard