Re: ldapACI permissions for ldap_modify (write)

One problem with associating permissions with specific operations
and suboperations is that it becomes difficult to state how they
apply in the face of controls and extended operations.  That is,
saying that "modify" permission applies to any and all operations
which add, delete, replace or otherwise change entries is clear
and complete.  The "otherwise" implies that permission should
apply also to modifications of values requested via MODDN,
extended operations, and controls.

You can add finer grained modify permissions as long as you
ensure that all potentials requests doing updates are subject
to access controls.