Re: [Protocol] clarification on StartTLS resonse (WAS: authmeth-15notes)

I like that better. I was tempted to clarify the "point" by changing to something like "Upon receipt of a successful StartTLS Response, the client may commence..." but that doesn't flow well into the pointer to AuthMeth (because AuthMeth has instructions for both peers).

At 03:33 PM 10/18/2005, Jim Sermersheim wrote:
>My proposed change to [Protocol] Section 4.14.2 is this:
><old>
>If the server is willing and able to negotiate TLS, it returns with the resultCode set to success. Refer to Section 4 of [AuthMeth] for details.
><new>
>If the server is willing and able to negotiate TLS, it returns with the resultCode set to success. At this point the protocol peers may commence with TLS negotiation. Refer to Section 4 of [AuthMeth] for details.

I suggest replacing the last two sentences with:
        At this point, the protocol peers commence TLS
        negotiation as discussed in Section 3 of [AuthMeth].

It might also be appropriate to describe "this point" more
precisely, but my attempts in doing that were awkward at
best.  I do think "this point" is reasonable clear.

Kurt