Re: Extension: WG Last Call: draft-ietf-ldapbis-authmeth-15.txt

Thanks for the review, Howard. I've incorporated all of these suggestions into the -16 draft.

Roger

>>> Howard Chu <hyc@highlandsun.com> 09/22/05 3:09 pm >>>
Section 7 1st paragraph, 5th line
s/the the/the/

Also this paragraph is a little ambiguous, it might be better as

    An LDAP client may use the unauthenticated authentication mechanism
    of the simple Bind choice to establish an anonymous authorization
    state by sending a Bind request with a name value (a distinguished
    name in LDAP string form [LDAPDN]) of non-zero length, ...

Otherwise it implies that a sequence of two names be provided.

2nd paragraph, 1st line
s/not used in/not used/

The same ambiguity about name values appears in Section 8 paragraph 1.

Section 9.2 2nd paragraph "with the same sasl" [mechanism] "sasl" should
be "SASL"

In general, capitalization of terms (like bind vs Bind) appears very
inconsistent; it becomes a distraction when reading the document.

The 3rd paragraph
LDAP servers use the serverSaslCreds field, an OCTET STRING,
in a BindResponse message to transmit each challenge.
LDAP clients use the credentials field, an OCTET STRING, in
the SaslCredentials sequence ...

Same complaint as for section 7 & 8, would prefer:
LDAP servers use the serverSaslCreds field (an OCTET STRING)
in a BindResponse message ...

6th paragraph s/client t/client to/

--
   -- Howard Chu